Hello All:
I am posting this blog here instead of over in my bad ettiquite blog, because what I have to say is actually one of those things that actually falls in to one of those "Well, it's actually both, but it's more stupid than bad ettiquite things," to be honest here. I just really wanted to talk about something that I feel is more, well, stupid ignorance on the ettiquite end of things with somebody I know, whom I am going to eventually talk to here about this situation, whenever I see the culprit again of this incident in the near future.
First, let me clarify some stuff in relation to what I am talking about here. I have a guy friend, (do not think that I am talking about my hubby, Tony here at all, because I am not talking about him here at all, but somebody totally different from Tony here!!) Tony knows that what this person did really rubbed me the wrong way and that if I had talked to this third party, I would have probably ripped the guy a new rear end, right on the spot, because I was livid when I found out what this guy did here.
Tony and I have this mutual acquaintance who, well, to make a long story short is a devout Roman Catholic. This acquaintance is a guy, whom I am (for the sake of this story), going to call this guy Ash. Ash is basically a good guy, but as I have told Tony, Ash has had Ash's head up a priest's rear end way too long here. Ash is in his 30s now and for all intents and purposes, Ash should be more worldly than he really is right now, but Ash is not that worldly. I think that my 12 year old girl cousin on my mom's side of the family is more worldly than Ash is right now and that's saying something here, folks.
Ash has just started "Dating," (if you can call it that really, to be honest!) If you were to meet Ash, you would realize that where he is mentally is somewhere developmentally/on the social scale somewhere near an 11 year old kid, where as Ash is (as I mentioned above), well in to his 30s here. Granted, Ash is straight, (in other words, he likes women), but there's just times when I want to give Ash what I call the "V8 slap" sometimes and ask Ash WTF he was thinking, because Ash does some pretty stupid ass shit from time to time.
Well, an example of this stupidity on Ash's part happened here reciently. Tony and I were going to do something with Ash lately, just Ash here, when Ash decided to just up and invite his girlfriend to come with us, without asking me or Tony if it was okay for her to come along. It is not that I minded the girlfriend coming along with Ash, mind you, it's just I wasn't expecting it to happen at that time, nor was I ready to meet the girlfriend at the time. Ash was also planning on bringing the girlfriend along with him to my house.
My response to Ash bringing the girlfriend to my house before I meet her is a definate no go on there. Tony and I agree on this matter, because neither one of us, (being Tony and myself) have met this supposed girlfriend Ash has here, nor have Tony and I met this woman to say that she's welcome to come to our house. Now, don't get the impression here that Tony and I are inhospitible, it's not that at all -- it's more like we just don't like letting strange people in to our house here -- that is what the big sticking point was for us, (especially me, because let's just say that since I know of Ash's wierd taste in hanging out with the "Strays of the world" is the norm here for Ash, I'm not too hip with that idea for myself.) Tony and I agreed that no, Ash can not bring the girlfriend over to the house until A: Both Tony and I have met this supposed "Girlfriend" of Ash's here and B: We have met this person in a very public place here, not our home!
Let's just say that when I caught wind of Ash wanting to bring his "Girlfriend" with him, I was royally fit to be tied, because Ash has a complete and utter lack of not only good manners and upbringing on that end, but Ash has a complete lack of any common sense here as far as that goes with going to any event. You know, it's just common sense and good manners to ask the host or hostess of an event that you were (or are) invited to if it is okay for you to bring a "Friend" or "Associate" along with you, if you weren't told that outright by the host or hostess here.
Oddly enough, the "Girlfriend" ended up backing out at the last minute, (thank God!), so Tony and I didn't have to worry about meeting her in the end. I just wanted to also say that as far as meeting this supposed girlfriend goes, I will only meet her somewhere in like a restaurant, a library or some other very public place, as I mentioned above here and Ash has to be with this person the whole honking time as well.
Any way, I just felt the need to rant about Ash being a goober here and his bad manners. Trust me, I really am not in to people being presumptious with me and thinking that I want to meet somebody or do something without me expressly saying so here. Besides, if you met me in person, you would know that I am the kind of person who, if I did want to do something, then I'd come right out and tell you as much.
I hope that you all have a great week and I will talk to you all some time soon! I hope that you all have a happy Thanksgiving 2009 as well!
No comments:
Post a Comment
Thanks for commenting on my blog here!! Keep an eye out for some new posts from me in the near future!!
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.